Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andrewhann
Helper II
Helper II

NAV 2013

I currently use Power BI to visualise data from our SQL ERP systems

One of our group companies has seen this and wants to use Power BI with NAV 2013

I haven't yet looked at the setup but would would be the easiest way to look at all of their data:

• Can I look directly at the SQL tables (does NAV 2013 use SQL table)
  • ODBC drivers
  • Microsofts own NAV app

Any suggestions before I talk to them further..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KeithChu
Helper I
Helper I

NAV 2013 uses MS SQL database so yes you can look directly into their table. Another way will be using NAV web service to expose the data to Power BI. Power Bi Dynamics NAV content pack is using the web service method.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KeithChu
Helper I
Helper I

NAV 2013 uses MS SQL database so yes you can look directly into their table. Another way will be using NAV web service to expose the data to Power BI. Power Bi Dynamics NAV content pack is using the web service method.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @andrewhann,

According to your description, I think your requirement more related to dynamic nav.
I'd like to suggest you post at dynamic nav related forum to get more support.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.