Hi, After I loaded Sales table I got lot of errors in column "ProductName". The column in type TEXT.
I went bake to the original excel file and found that there is a special character like +.
I looked for the error using M code TRY and it says DataFormatError.
How can I overide this error? What type should I use?
Most of the time when you import data into the report Power BI automatically creates data type conversion step called 'Changed type'. You can adjust it, or even remove it and then apply your custom one.
Can you remove it via Advanced editor or using steps pane? And show us result with screenshot?
Funny. This file is an append of 6 files.
I erased it, deleted the "change type" step as you suggested in all 6 files, and close and apply. No errors.
Now I appended the 6 files and I have 43 errors of the same kind (insted of a few Thousands before).
I also trimed and cleand the column.
when you make a connection to an excel file the PBI validates the formulas you have in your book so if you have a column with formulas and one of those is incorrect it will return an error.
In this case what happens is that in that column on th excel file you have some formulas that aren't recognize so the error "#NAME?" appears.
I have simulated a file with that type of errors as you can see PBI is returning the same result as you have.
The error in the Excel file is that I made a formula that doesn't exist. Go back to your excel file and look for the same error and correct the formula.
I found the problem. I opened csv file in excel. then saved it as xlsx. So far so good.
After that I did something that I still have to investigate that when I saved it in another name it coused the error.
The second one is the original and the first is the result.
It is not the scop of the forum, but if you know what happend I'll be glad.
I think it may related to encode, maybe you can try to save your file as xlsx with unicode encode.