Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nkoch
Regular Visitor

Mysterious page level filter

Hello everyone,

I'm new here to post, but long time reader and hope somebody can help me.

I have a slicer set up on one several pages of report, which shows just one item in the list - I set it filtered up somehow at the beginning working on report and don't remember how i did it. Now I need to remove this filter, but can't figure how - there is no any visual, page or report level filters!....

Filtered pageFiltered page

Unfiltered page.JPG

The funny thing is that if I copy and paste this exactly slicer into new page, It shows all the options, and this drives me crazy.

I suggest this might have simplest solution ever, but I cant figure this out for two days already and really hope somebody can help me....

Thank you upfront, Natalia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

Try two things:

1. Select the slicer, then on the Format tab, select Edit Interactions. Select other visuals (most likely slicers) and turn off filtering for the slicer you are having an issue with. Just hit the NONE circle icon.
  2. On the View tab, check the "Sync Slicers" button. See what slicers on various pages are also filtering other pages.

Somewhere you've got another slicer filtering that slicer, and you just need to work through it to figure out which one it is.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

Try two things:

1. Select the slicer, then on the Format tab, select Edit Interactions. Select other visuals (most likely slicers) and turn off filtering for the slicer you are having an issue with. Just hit the NONE circle icon.
  2. On the View tab, check the "Sync Slicers" button. See what slicers on various pages are also filtering other pages.

Somewhere you've got another slicer filtering that slicer, and you just need to work through it to figure out which one it is.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Hi Edhans and huge thank you,

I found the glitch - not exactly the way you suggested, that this put me in right direction - I just cut all other slisers to new page and started to bring them back one by one to see which is faulty. Found one, (and they are not related in any way and come from different tables), deleted it and created it again - problem solved.

Thank you again....

Great. Glad you are back up and running.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.