Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fitin1rb
Helper III
Helper III

MySQL connection Issues

Hello - I am having issues connecting (reconnecting) to a MySQL database.  I am working with a client and he provided me a pbix file that was already connected to his MySQL db and his credentials to his db and his pbi account.  However, when i try to refresh the MySQL connection, I get the below errors.  Has anyone experienced this and does anyone know what the solution is for this?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!Connection infoConnection infoError MessageError Message

Ryan F.

3 REPLIES 3
Bathelona
Frequent Visitor

It looks like you don't have the MySQL connector installed on your computer - so you would need to go to the link provided in the error message & download/install the mysql connector.

Then try to reconnect to the DB.

@Bathelona thanks that helped I think for the initial issue.  But now I am getting the below error.  I have the exact credentials provided by the client, and I am able to get into the Production database, but for some reason Power BI keeps giving me this error.

Is there something else that I am missing?

MySQL Error (002).png

Potentially - in your first screenshot you highlighted windows credentials, but when I've worked with mysql I've used the database credentials option instead.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Cannot-Connect-to-MySQL-Database/td-p/275947

As that post above also shows, you need to put the IP & Port into the Server line.

Also, it might be worth checking that your version of Power Bi desktop (64 or 32 bit) matches the mysql driver.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.