Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MySQL Workbench DB Connection

I'm trying to connect a DB that I can pull up on MySQL Workbench to Power BI. I followed some instructions given in a different thread but am running into an issue. 

Server: localhost 

Database: *the specific hostname*

When I connect in mySQL I use a Standard (TCP/IP) connection with the specific host name and port 3306. I keep running into "We encountered an error while trying to connect. Details: "MySQL: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.""

I'm very inexperienced when it comes to mySQL. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wonderful IT team steered me in the right direction. I'll leave this up with the answer in case someone else runs into a similar issue. I had to put the hostname in the Server field and the Database field as the default schema from mySQL. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wonderful IT team steered me in the right direction. I'll leave this up with the answer in case someone else runs into a similar issue. I had to put the hostname in the Server field and the Database field as the default schema from mySQL. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.