Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MySQL: Fatal error encountered during command execution.

Hello,

Can someone point me to the right direction on how I can troubleshoot this? I have a a data model that consists of a few queries. One query in particular won't execute and thus the entire refresh fails. This dashboard used to refresh just fine for at least 6 months. A few days ago it stopped refreshing in power bi services so I tried to refresh it in the app and I'm getting the fatal error. It's one query that executes in mysql client within 3 mins everytime I run it. My IT folks say the issue is on MS side. My understanding is that if I run the refresh on the app on my local machine = mysql client query. 

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been fixed. It was an issue on our server. Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Hope this helps:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2467603/fatal-error-encountered-during-command-execution-with-a-... 

And please try to check your formula such as Comparison functions and Operators' using:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/comparison-operators.html 

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been fixed. It was an issue on our server. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guy,

Can you tell me exactly the problems on your server you had met? Because I have met the problems the same with you but IT help desk always ask me to cut down the query/rows/columns selected from database! Hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Luck. Do you have any details about the problem in your server? We have the same problem

Thanks

Alberto

Anonymous
Not applicable

@albertoderossi Hey Alberto,

From my past experience, the issue may be on the server. Does the query run directly in sql client? Any performance issue there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

I too am facing the same error messgae for past two days. In my case, the query was refreshing fine for last 6 months. I modified the query to bring in some changes as requested & query failed miserably in Power BI Desktop. Now when I try to run same query in MySQL workbench, it gets queried in 2 mins. In Power BI service the report is refreshing fine, but when I attempt to refresh the query without making any changes, it fails again with same error. Please help confirm, what did you find at your server, which once fixed, resolved your issue. Appreciate your support here.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.