Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My top navigation bar is greyed out and I can't transform my data. Can you help?

I currently am working on a downloaded version of a contractor's files who've now left the business.

I have their dashboard, and their dataset and have paired them together. This has been paired using data source settings and selecting it from one drive.

I have tasks to change the data, but I have no options to transform it. All options are greyed out.

I have saved a new copy of this myself. 

AliShahVis_0-1627404011902.png

Can you please advise on how to fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

After changing the connection using Data Source Setting, kindly refresh the dashboard once. Let me know if it helps.

Thanks!

alekh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Receiving this now:

AliShahVis_0-1627564500099.png

I know the database is a SQL backend but I'm not sure what to do. Can you guide me further?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

Are you able to connect to SQL database using any other tool? Seems like you do not have appropriate access on the database.

Thanks!

alekh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, I'm seeing this now:

AliShahVis_0-1627460715625.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

So this indicates that you do not have access to underlying dataset. I would suggest you to 

• Open the Dataset on your PBI Desktop.
  • Publish the dataset into the workspace where you have the dashboard.
  • Open the dashboard and change the datasource to point it to newly published dataset
  • Refresh.

I believe once you are able to successfully connect the dashboard to the dataset and are able to refresh it, all the option would be enabled.

Thanks!

alekh

PS: Kindly accept the post if you agree! Click the Thumbs Up if you like!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.