Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My table has empty records before the actual records...

PwerBI_emptyRecords.jpg

I used CTRL+T to make it a table in excel, and then when i tried to load the table it didn't work, instead it imported the worksheet tab, and when i view the table there are a few hundred rows of null data before that actual rows of data. Is there anyway to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is there any space in your rows? Does copying it into a new workbook work?

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may have selected the sheet rather than the table.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

import excel.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nathaniel, 

I understand the difference between the table and a sheet. When i tried to import the table after creating it in excel there was an error telling my it had a duplicate column, I trippled checked and there was no duplicate column, I imported the sheet instead and this was the result. 

I have since duplicated it, and tried again and still they are there. 

I will try copying it into a new workbook to see if this error is part of the excel workbook and not Power BI 

But it's strange because the anaylsis still works and there are no issues with the data even though the first several hundred rows are all empty. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.