Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yacoubi
Helper I
Helper I

My measures are not available in data/model views

I had a report file (R) connected to a data file (D) for source data (SQL DB) using import mode. I then merged both files into one. The way I did that was by removing the data source from file R and creating new queries to connect to the SQL DB. My file R had about 100+ measures. The issue is that all the measures are not available in data/model views and only available in the report view. Not only this, I can see the measures names but not the DAX. I can use the measures in visuals but can't edit them. I would appreciate your help.

1.png

2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I figured out the issue. When I broke the connection from the report file (R) to the data file (D), most of the measures were in tables coming from (D) and when those tables were gone that is when this issue occured. 

I had to move all measures to a new measure table local to file (R) before breaking the connection and that worked.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yacoubi ,

Really looks like strange and seems could not reproduce it in my side.

Have you tried to open a new power bi report to reconnect to the SQL DB and create the same measures to check?

If it stills does not work, try to use the latest version of power bi desktop to check it again.(2.93.981.0 May 2021)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I couldn't find any solution online to fix this issue. 

Hi @yacoubi ,

If it stills not works, I would suggest you to create a support ticket here for further support when you have a Pro licence.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think I figured out the issue. When I broke the connection from the report file (R) to the data file (D), most of the measures were in tables coming from (D) and when those tables were gone that is when this issue occured. 

I had to move all measures to a new measure table local to file (R) before breaking the connection and that worked.

Hi @yacoubi ,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. You can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members could easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Best Regards,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@yacoubi interesting, something I have to test. what does it show on the lower right corner in status bar? Does it say import?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

It doesn't say anything. Please see attached

3.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@yacoubi oh so measures you created at the time when the files were connected to Power BI dataset, and now you changed the file to read from SQL DB, the measure that was created prior to connect to SQL server are not visible? Is that what it is?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Exactly. I can see their names and they work in visuals but can't see their DAX and they're not available in model and data views

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@yacoubi this is weird, you have created all these measures directly in the report file and it has nothing to do with Power BI Dataset or you are not using the composite model? correct?

Yes. I created all these measures in the report file. When I removed the connection to the PBIX with SQL DB (file D) and connected file R directly to SQL DB this happened. Just to be clear:

• I have 1 file now, file R.
  • This file is connected to SQL DB (import mode)
  • All measures previously created in this same file are now having the issue
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@yacoubi bit lost with your description. You are not using dataset D which is a published Power BI dataset if I read it correctly?

That is 100% correct. I'm using only one file now, file R which is connected to an SQL DB via import mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.