Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My QTD and MTD values are the same. How?

I am trying to build a QTD and MTD card. However, my QTD and MTD values are showing the same, I do not understand how that is possible?
The formula I am using is as follows:
QTD = TOTALQTD([TotalREvenueAmt],'Commix dsplit'[row_date])
MTD = TOTALMTD([TotalREvenueAmt],'Commix dsplit'[row_date])

Please note that I have a calculated measure created for total revenue amount and I want to find QTD and MTD for that amount.

AbhiiSingh_0-1626380741197.png

Please let me know how to show different values for QTD and MTD as they are two different measures, designed to show values from two different time periods. for eg: MTD is supposed to show only revenue for the current month and  QTD is supposed to show revenue for this quarter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

MTD and QTD are expected to be the same for the first month of the quarter just like MTD and YTD should be the same for the first month of the year. July is the first month of the third quarter (for a calendar year), so I would expect exactly this result since it is currently July 15.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

MTD and QTD are expected to be the same for the first month of the quarter just like MTD and YTD should be the same for the first month of the year. July is the first month of the third quarter (for a calendar year), so I would expect exactly this result since it is currently July 15.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Alexis. Guess my inexperience got the better of my common sense.😅

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.