Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin11
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

My PBI unable refresh , what else I should try ?

Hi All ,

I have develop a PBI file for 2 year ago . Now when I try to refresh . I will get error. I already spend more then 3 day I still unable figure out where go wrong ? Can some one suggest to me What else I should do , beside I start to create a new PBI file from zero ?

Paul

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Go into the query editor and click the Applied Steps one at a time in each query (if more than one), and share the error you see if the first step that returns an error.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

@mahoneypat 

Many thank for your reply to my post . You are great. after i load the PBI file , i go to PQ editor , after few minute , i notice that some of the table load some are not loading. So what i did is i delete those table which unable to load , and clear all the error , i am am able to refresh. so meaning i have hope now. i don't have to start to zero , and can take those back up file whch is last week , and i just need to do the above step , it will save me a lot a lot of my time to add table.

Appreciate very much. To night i can finally have a good sleep. 

I owe you a lot.

Paul

admin11_0-1646575431918.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Go into the query editor and click the Applied Steps one at a time in each query (if more than one), and share the error you see if the first step that returns an error.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

@mahoneypat 

Many thank for your reply to my post . You are great. after i load the PBI file , i go to PQ editor , after few minute , i notice that some of the table load some are not loading. So what i did is i delete those table which unable to load , and clear all the error , i am am able to refresh. so meaning i have hope now. i don't have to start to zero , and can take those back up file whch is last week , and i just need to do the above step , it will save me a lot a lot of my time to add table.

Appreciate very much. To night i can finally have a good sleep. 

I owe you a lot.

Paul

admin11_0-1646575431918.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors