Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matthias93
Helper III
Helper III

Multiplying a column based on slicer

Hi,

I have a data model where I have a day in the year and a certain utlization in one table. For example Day 1 = 0.4, Day 2 = 0.6. Now I also have a table which lists values between 1 and 15. I have put this table in a slicer with 15 different options. 

Is it possible to now multiply my utilization by the number selected in my slicer i.e.:

Slicer selection = 4

Day 1 = 1.6

Day 2 = 3.2

I'm not sure if this is possible or not?

Kind regards,

Matthias

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Matthias93,

The value of Day 2 should be 2.4(4*0.6), right? If so, I make a test in the following sample tables.
1.0.JPG

1.1.JPG

Create the following measure in the first table.

multiplyMeasure = MAX(Table2[Column1])*MAX(Table1[Column1])

Create a table visual and  test the slicer.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Lydia,

This is exactly what I needed for my dashboard. Thanks for your quick help, I'll try to apply it to my case now.

Kind regards,

Matthias

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Matthias93,

The value of Day 2 should be 2.4(4*0.6), right? If so, I make a test in the following sample tables.
1.0.JPG

1.1.JPG

Create the following measure in the first table.

multiplyMeasure = MAX(Table2[Column1])*MAX(Table1[Column1])

Create a table visual and  test the slicer.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Lydia!

Your solution worked great, but I was wondering if your solution also applies when using 2 slicers. What I mean is to first choose an option of multiplier, and then choosing a second option to again multiply the total amount from the previous operation.

Thanks!

Juan

Hi Lydia,

This is exactly what I needed for my dashboard. Thanks for your quick help, I'll try to apply it to my case now.

Kind regards,

Matthias

@Matthias93,

If the above reply solves your issue, please accept my reply as answer to close this thread.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi,

I have a data model where I have a day in the year and a certain utlization in one table. For example Day 1 = 0.4, Day 2 = 0.6. Now I also have a table which lists values between 1 and 15. I have put this table in a slicer with 15 different options. 

Is it possible to now multiply my utilization by the number selected in my slicer i.e.:

Slicer selection = 4

Day 1 = 1.6

Day 2 = 3.2

I'm not sure if this is possible or not?

Kind regards,

Matthias

@Matthias93

You can use the SELECTEDVALUE function

SelectedVALUE(SlicerTableName[SlicerColumnName]) should give you the value selected in the slicer,,, then you can multiply it with any other MEASURE

However you can not use it in a calculated column

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors