Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiply total with %share in another table

Hi, I have a measure that calculates the total for a certain account number among numerours accounts:  Total EUR Account1 = CALCULATE('GL '[Total EUR],Account[Account number]="1") and then put in a table to show cost per financial quarter:   

FQ1

FQ2

FQ3

FQ4

Total

Table 1  

Now this sum per quarter I want to split into four different categories based on another table:

FQ

Category

% share

A

B

C

D

A

B

C

D

A

B

C

D

And so on...

Table 2

So I get the below table where the % share per Category and FQ has been multiplied by the total for the applicable FQ. 

I do not have the categories in the source data for the main table (Table 1)

Category

FQ1

FQ2

FQ3

FQ4

Total

A

And so on...

B

C

D

Table 3 (wanted result)   

Thankful for any helpful ideas!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak; any ideas on above?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft 

I now have the follwoing formula which almost gives me the correct result, except for the grand total (please see yellow marked in below picture). Any ides on how that can be fixed?

Capture.PNGCapture7.png

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Kindly check my below results, I do some transformation in the source table and then manage the relationship as well as add the measure:

8.PNG

Pbix attached

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft,

Thanks for you help, it seems work partly; the row, column totals and grand total are not correct?

If that can be fixed I think we´re done. Would aprreciate any help on that, thanks!

It also seems I don´t get corect numbers in the table since I acutally also now have years in my data, so I have e.g. FQ 1 2018, FQ 1 2019, FQ 2 2018, FQ 2 2019, and I suspect that I need to adjust the use of MAX-function somehow, but how? 

Hi @Anonymous 

check this one:

008.PNG

pbix attached

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft ,

Thanks a lot, we´re getting closer!

I get the correct totals on FQ-level, but on total year level there is not sum, can I add year to the ISINSCOPE-function somehow? 

I´m also calculating sum last year using the formula;

Measure 4 last year = CALCULATE([Measure 4],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date table'[Date])) but that does not give me a sum per FQ, any ideas on how to solve that?

and also calculating "% diff this year vs last year", using the formula:

% Diff Measure 4 this year vs last year = DIVIDE([Measure 4 ]-[Measure 4 last year],[Measure 4 last year]) which gives me correct values on category level but not on total FC-level.

/Helena

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.