Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MikeKP72

Multiply a single value in a table by Zero

Good evening, I have 1 report that contains the balance for a list of projects. I want to simulate that one or several projects are zeroed, that is to say that the balance is multiplied by zero, only to some of the selected projects. I tried with SWITCH but it applies the zero to all the projects and not only to the selected ones. thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MikeKP72 ,

Try to use ALLSELECTED function

I create a seperate table to put [ID]. There's no relationship between two tables.

Table 2 = DISTINCT('Table'[ID])

9.png10.png

Measure is like

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[ID]) IN ALLSELECTED('Table 2'[ID]),0,SUM('Table'[Value]))

The [ID] in the slicer is from Table 2.

12.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeKP72

@amitchandak, Thanks for the tip, it helped me.
I still have to solve that selecting from that new table 2 or more projects does not work. The selectvalue is for single selections? Thanks

Hi @MikeKP72 ,

Try to use ALLSELECTED function

I create a seperate table to put [ID]. There's no relationship between two tables.

Table 2 = DISTINCT('Table'[ID])

9.png10.png

Measure is like

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[ID]) IN ALLSELECTED('Table 2'[ID]),0,SUM('Table'[Value]))

The [ID] in the slicer is from Table 2.

12.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Stephen.

It helped me to solve the problem, and thanks for the example.

Regards

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MikeKP72 , for this you need an independent project table and you need to select a project from there

a mesure like. example

if(max(Table[project]) = selectedvalue(Project[Project]) , 0, sum(Table[Value])

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.