Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple years - Start at the same point on x axis

Hi,

We have some data on certain products and these products have a year of account associated with them, which is the year the product was offered. We can receive values relating to these products during the year and also after the year of account is finished but not prior to the year starting.

We have a requirement to show the development of different years of account on a line graph, with the lines starting at the same point on the x axis for all the years selected.

We have put together an example pbix file with dummy data to show how far we have got:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmwoxg13iw30ek8/Multiple%20years%20-%20Start%20at%20the%20same%20point%20o...

As you can see with the first graph, if we use the standard Date table we get lines starting at the first period of each year. We have tried creating some “Rolling Accounting Period” columns which we have used for similar requirements in our SSAS Cubes.

The graph on the right is close to what we need however, we do not want the lines to continue past the latest period we have data for.

We have tried a few different variations of the idea put forward in this video but had no luck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXd1wl-5vKI

Is it possible to produce a graph like the second one but where the lines only go as far as the latest data available for that year of account?

Here are the measures from the file:

Measure Value = SUM('Fact'[Value])

Continuous Value =

SUMX(

FILTER(

ALLSELECTED('Date'[Date]),

'Date'[Date] <= MAX('Date'[Date])

)

,[Measure Value]

)

Rolling Value =

SUMX(

FILTER(

ALLSELECTED('Rolling Accounting Period'),

'Rolling Accounting Period'[Rolling Accounting Month] <= MAX('Rolling Accounting Period'[Rolling Accounting Month])

)

,[Measure Value]

)

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please check the below.

Picture2.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yi4ngc9tzcrv9mm/Multiple%20years%20-%20Start%20at%20the%20same%20point%20on%20x%20axis.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please check the below.

Picture2.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yi4ngc9tzcrv9mm/Multiple%20years%20-%20Start%20at%20the%20same%20point%20on%20x%20axis.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jihwan_Kim ,

That's perfect - thank you very much!

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.