Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple videos play comparison over a period of time.

Hello Everyone -

I again need a favour from the group. 

I have a table with a list of videos, individual plays, completion and timestamp. I want to build a report which shows all the hits(count of plays) that the videos are getting over a period of time.

I am looking to do it in the form of a line chart with my videos listed in the Y-axis and time period in x-axis. Tooltip would be the plays. Right now, powerBI shows the aggregated report which doesn't give me exact picture; want to see the videos listed and the number of plays over a period.

Greatly appreciate if anybody could help me out.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you create a line chart with date to axis(switch date to hierarchy mode, keep year, month fields and drill to bottom level), video to legend, play to value fields.

7.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It is hard to coding formula from your description, please share some sample data with same data structure and expected result. It will be help for test and build visual graph.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft -

This is the sample format of the table. The first column lists all the videos, the second column list the number of times a video has been played by users and the third is the date played date.

I am looking for a way to sum the number of plays by month for each video and graphically display it this way, so that I can display the highs and lows of a video and in parallel compare it with other videos.

VideoPlaysDate Played
Mov 11211/02/2018
Mov 222/09/2018
Mov 332/09/2018
Mov 411/05/2018
Mov 53217/04/2018
Mov 2228/01/2018
Mov 4221/12/2018
Mov 111/11/2018
Mov 522/11/2018
Mov 21410/09/2018

Expected data format:

Sample.pngHope I am clear now.

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you create a line chart with date to axis(switch date to hierarchy mode, keep year, month fields and drill to bottom level), video to legend, play to value fields.

7.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.