Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vmonu
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple value in a bar chart

Good day all,

I want to show the data that comes from 2 fields.

Say  Resolution,  Percentage , Total vtes

Yes             46.5               1519

No             53.5                1743

vmonu_0-1596230908508.png

Currently the bar chart accepts only ONE of them (say percentage or Votes).

How can i have them in 1 bar chart ( i don't want to occupy by 2 charts

Thanks

MN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So unfortunately, as of this time... there is no easy wasy to put 2 values in BARCHART horizonatally..
Again this is the ONLY stop gap or backup  thing alternative that's available... i wish they make it more easy..

So i ended by doing this ... in the table .. by doing conditional format and so see the image below.

vmonu_0-1596729484546.png

Thanks again ..

Let me know if you find another solution... by for time being i am accepting this as my solution.

Best

MN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
mhossain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vmonu 

I think if you use Table/matrix visuals and format this well and apply dynamic conditional formatting with data bar etc, you will occupy just one vsiual, try if this makes sense. Let me know if you require more details and your findings please.

@mhossain 

Yes table and matrix works... but the users (and even i ) want to see the Bar charts... 

Remember it showing internal polling and they would like to see  Percentage and votes for it... so showing as table looks like an excel sheet 🙂  and defeats using PBI

Thanks

@vmonu 

Agree with you to great extent :). That is why mentioned if you are able to well format your table and apply conditional formatting so that it doesn't look like table.

So unfortunately, as of this time... there is no easy wasy to put 2 values in BARCHART horizonatally..
Again this is the ONLY stop gap or backup  thing alternative that's available... i wish they make it more easy..

So i ended by doing this ... in the table .. by doing conditional format and so see the image below.

vmonu_0-1596729484546.png

Thanks again ..

Let me know if you find another solution... by for time being i am accepting this as my solution.

Best

MN

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vmonu ,

Can tooltips be an alternative?

test_Multiple value in a bar chart.PNG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-custom-tooltips 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately .. no they want to see both of them ...
THe only option i can think of is ... put 2 bar charts... but that's clumsy .

Thanks

MN

@V-lianl-msft  I wonder how come, no one has faced this ask before..

It's pretty common to have multiple measures for same metrics.

I am surprised that this was not there before.

Thanks friend for your help

Regards
MN

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Try combo chart from Visualization pane where you put the total as a column value and Percentage in Line value and resolution in x-axis.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why dont you create a calculation column "VotesANDPercentage" and merge votes and percentage

VotesANDPercentage= Percentage&(&"Total vtes"&)

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards

@Anonymous  and @V-lianl-msft ,

Good idea but when i try to add it as value in the bar chart it is showing as COUNT or COUNT distinct and not the value... so it is showing 1 for all.

Thanks

MN

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Have you considered and line and column chart?  You can have separate Y axes. Another way would be to use Data Bars conditional formattting in a matrix visual. 

If you can't find a visual that meets your needs, you could also consider making your own visual with Charticulator.

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.