cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fherrera Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Multiple users working on same pbix file

Hello Community,

Do you know what is the best way to work in the same pbix file (not same time) with different people?

My coworker is focusing in the data model, when she has finished working in the data model and the pbix file is closed, I start working in the visual parts.

Currently, we save a version every time we finished to work like v1.0, then, I save my version with v1.1 and so on, but, there is a better way to work this? Like git or something?

Thank you in advanced for your comments.

Franklin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexei7 Member

Re: Multiple users working on same pbix file

Hi Franklin,

We haven't found a good alternative way where I work - we do what you're doing.

One small piece of advice is that you could be saving the file as a PBIT instead of PBIX as if you're bringing a lot of data into the model your different versions will end up taking up a lot of space.

PBIT does mean that the model will need to load the data every time you open, so it's a bit of a trade-off.

Alex

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alexei7 Member

Hi Franklin,

We haven't found a good alternative way where I work - we do what you're doing.

One small piece of advice is that you could be saving the file as a PBIT instead of PBIX as if you're bringing a lot of data into the model your different versions will end up taking up a lot of space.

PBIT does mean that the model will need to load the data every time you open, so it's a bit of a trade-off.

Alex

View solution in original post

quentin_vigne Senior Member

Hi @fherrera

You can probably try to work on a collaborative workspace : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/service-collaborate-power-bi-workspace

Not sure that's what you are looking for but that's the only existing option at the moment !

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 444 members 4,278 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: