Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LuteceFalco
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple users working on same dataset

Hi all,

is it possible, and what is procedure, that multiple users work on the same data-set at the same time, when one of them save the work, and other one do the same thing few minutes after, but that before saving, PBI refresh a file, and then save, without erasing whats the first colleague are already saved before ? We work on an important project, with lot of data to enter in PBI, so lot of stuff to do, but we need to do it together at the same time, and make lot of changes on same data-set, which will be a base for all of us. We need, when one person work on it, press save, and continue to working on

it, that other person after that can saving, without erasing what a first colleague saved just before. Can we do this, and how? Does we need to allow somewhere in PBI who can working on this data-set, or?

In Excel we can allow multiple users to working on the same workbook, but can we do it with PBI for data-set?

Thanks for your partitipation in this post and for all your responses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LuteceFalco,

From your description, it seems that you want multiple users works on the same .pbix file and save the changes made by those users. I don't think it's available. Currently, the same .pbix can be opened and modified by the one person. Also two reports changes can't be consolidated to the one report. I'm afraid your requirement can't be achieved.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LuteceFalco,

From your description, it seems that you want multiple users works on the same .pbix file and save the changes made by those users. I don't think it's available. Currently, the same .pbix can be opened and modified by the one person. Also two reports changes can't be consolidated to the one report. I'm afraid your requirement can't be achieved.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msftOk, thanks a lot for your response.

LuteceFalco
Helper II
Helper II

Anybody UP ..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.