Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

Multiple trickle down cascading filters

i have a main Filter that filters some pie charts and tables.  when i use this 1st filter one of my donut chart reduces to 3 slices, I now want to continue to filter down using this donut chart to other tables I have in my report.... BUT when I select the filtered donut chart, the original filter is 'turned off' or removed from entire viz...

how can i continue to filter down to other tables and charts without removing my original filter... i would call it cascading filter, 

what are the proper settings to get this waterfall filtering effect on other charts so i can continue to filter down. i hope i made sense

4 REPLIES 4
ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

hello, enclosed is a screenshot. i am trying to create cascading filters, where is only shows relevant values in next chart, slicer but that i can continue to use those filtered values to continue filtering down to other tables or charts...  Not sure how to acomplish this.  Currently if I select a filtered chart, it removes all filters in report.  has anyone attempted this?  thanksmultiple filtering.jpg

You should Ctrl-select the second time, otherwise the first selection is being undone.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

# Reply 1st

Hi@ ilcaa72 

You can try to add multiple slicer and set interaction in Edit interaction.

When you filter in 1st slicer ,other slicer will be filtered ,and then you filter in 2nd slicer ,the rest of slicer will be filtered again ……

1.png

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

it doesnt work that way. you first filter shows everything selected,its your second filter that is filtering the table.  you should be able to select the first filter, which will filter the second filter (which has now limited selections)  then select a value in second filter to filter down the table.  

here is a visual example...

multiple filtering.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.