Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kyrpav
Helper IV
Helper IV

Multiple times request of same data for referenced tables

I am trying to get data from a rest endpoint.

The main object that comes is a classic Response Entity with http status request etc and the data in one column.

I am filtering rows and columns to get only data portion of the respons in the main query and at the end i have 2 objects in each own columns in the query one with raw data and one with generic info, which i want to split into two different tables in powerbi.

For this reason i used reference tables (two of them) where i kept only the column with the one object at a time. From that point it is straight forward to expand columns ,change types....

When i load refresh the data i see that the rest endpoint runs 3 times. Once for each query.

I tried to play with enable query and use in refresh of data by selecting 

Main Query (not to load but enable on data refresh) and the rest to load but not to enable to data refresh. The result was that in close and load the the endpoint is called 2 times each time for each table that at the end is loaded in the report and after this on refresh no update happens at all.

Goal is to get data once in every refresh and then split the data on refresh in sub tables

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

if i understood the link

1) This is how to refresh the referenced tables, but i need to refresh the main calling the api and the rest to update cause they are referenced not by calling again the rest api by them selves

2) This is splitting by dublicate , i did it with reference.

3) this is reccomendation for reference

4) is incremental and 5) ordered refresh

My issue is that i want the first query to update getting data from rest and the references to start by using the data came to the first query not to restart the connection to the rest api

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.