Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jaydis
Regular Visitor

Multiple tables graphed on one line chart

Hello,

I have multipe excel files, each containing a list of users in a system for a specific time period, which I'm importing as seperate tables. I would like to graph "count of users"(y-axis) by "date"(x-axis) on a line chart. So each table would be one data point on this chart. Is this possible to do?

P.S. I dont want to just sum the users in each file because I'd like to keep the chart interactive so I can pull up the user's names when I click on a data point.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jaydis
Regular Visitor

I figured out how to make this work - I made a seperate table with all the dates and a reference number that I linked back to all the other tables. Then I graphed "Date" from that table on the axis.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jaydis
Regular Visitor

I figured out how to make this work - I made a seperate table with all the dates and a reference number that I linked back to all the other tables. Then I graphed "Date" from that table on the axis.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jaydis,

If you want to create graph with multiple table fields, you should confirm they has availed relationships so that power bi can summarize and analytics these data based on relationship.
After build relationship, you can create a line chart with date as axis and drag user column to value fields with summarize mode 'count'.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I've created a relationship between the usernames but if I graph the count of users they all end up displaying on the same date, even if I add date columns from both tables.

See screenshot (One table is 2014, one is 2015 but they are displaying only on 2014):

powerbi.PNG

HI @Jaydis,

Please use calendar date as axis with normal mode(not hierarchy mode), it will show the line graph which you wanted.
Your chart has summary records to year level, maybe you can expand your axis to see more details.

Regards,
Xiaoixn Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.