Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbrown

Multiple table unions and joins

I believe this is not too difficult but I have not been able to wrap my head around the logic to do this. I believe what I need to do is to create a calculated table.

Here's my scenario: I need to be able to count "participation" by organizations. I need to be able to display content in 1 table to show participation.

There are 3 columns:

1. Column A contains all organization data (Column B and Column C are a "many to one" relationship with Column A)

Organization Name | City | Country | ETC

1. Column B "Meeting Attendance" contains a new row for each entry (like school attendance but for adults :))

Fiscal Year | Name |Organization Name | Session

2. Column C is "Survey Participation". Just different Metrics. Here I'm only interested to see that they participated or not (I don't care yet in this view about the info). There is a new row for each entry:

Fiscal Year | Organization Name | Survey Participation

What I want to be able to do is to build a table like this. B (meeting attendance) and C (survey participation) are already related to Column A via "Organization Name". I believe I just have to count rows for Column B and C.

Fiscal Year | Organization Name | Meeting Attendance | Survey Participation

FY17          | Acme Inc                 |   4                               |   1

FY17          | Company 2             |   0                               |   4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbrown,

You can create a table with the DAX below:

Table = SUMMARIZE('Table1','Table1'[Organization Name],"Meeting Attendance",COUNT(Table2[Session]),"Survey Participation",COUNT('Table3'[Survey Participation]))

q3.PNG

As you didn't provide any sample data, I created a pbix file with some dummy data. You can download it below to see if it meet your requirements.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbrown,

You can create a table with the DAX below:

Table = SUMMARIZE('Table1','Table1'[Organization Name],"Meeting Attendance",COUNT(Table2[Session]),"Survey Participation",COUNT('Table3'[Survey Participation]))

q3.PNG

As you didn't provide any sample data, I created a pbix file with some dummy data. You can download it below to see if it meet your requirements.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This works.

I also need to solve for instances where records don't have "Meeting Attendance" or "Survey Participation"

For example: Table1 contains all organizations

Table2 (meeting attendance) only has records if the organization attended meeting

Table 3 (survey participation) only has records if organization took the survey.

Hi @jbrown,

As this issue is different from the original one, please create a new thread and share sample data to clarify the requirement. So we can find the solution promptly.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.