Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lvanam
Frequent Visitor

Multiple tab dashboard like multi tab reports

I have created a dashboard on my local desktop with multiple tabs. Now if I upload it and create a dashboard by pinning different visualizations, how will I get multiple tabs on the Dashboard to be able to share? I want to be able to share multiple tabs with my coworkers. I will not be able to share report itself right? Thank you for your answer.

2 REPLIES 2

@lvanam Just for the sake of clarity.

You've built a Report in the Desktop with multiple tabs.

When you upload (Publish) the file it will become a dataset and report in app.powerbi.com (The Service)

When you pin any visual, from any of the tabs in your report to a dashboard, after you share it - the end user will click the tile and be taken to the report page that you pinned the visual from. They will also have access to see the other tabs in your report.

You can connect multiple reports to the same dashboard, by pining visuals to the same dashboard.

You are correct, you can only share a dashboard with other users.

*Unless you want to build an Organizational Content Pack (more advanced, but you could share reports in this method).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

The terminology/technology is:

In Desktop one has the Dataset upon which one makes Reports - and these are inherently tabbed.  There is no such thing as a dashboard yet.  This is a PBIX file and just like sending someone an excel file you can send this file to others assuming they've downloaded the free Power BI Desktop software and they can view it.

A Desktop file can alternately be published to the Power BI Service in the cloud.  The report is kept in tabbed form.  It is here that you can create a dashboard.  The dashboard concept is tiles, not tabs.  There are several ways to share the Power BI Service and tutorials available outlining this.

I hope this overview is helpful.

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.