Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PaulChristopher

Multiple sign in prompts with desktop when opening created pbix

After opening the Power BI desktop and selecting a pbix I've created I get the office 356 signin prompt, but it appears multiple times.

I need to complete the signin process once then cancel each additional instance before the dataset will load.

BI DT Signin..PNG

Any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PaulChristopher,

Could you please upgrade your Desktop to the latest November version and check if the issue will be gone? I will appreciate it if you can feedback here.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PaulChristopher,

Is your pbix file a live connection to Azure AS? I have reported this issue internally. I will update here later.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

You are correct this is a pbix with an Azure connection to the new Azure Analysis Services database (beta).

I don't seem to hav the issue when initially connecting but when reloading.

Regards

Hi @PaulChristopher,

Are you using the latest version of Power BI Desktop? Version: 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (October 2017). Please confirm it.

Best Regards!

Dale

Hi Dale,

Correct Version: 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (October 2017)

Best Regards 

Hi @PaulChristopher,

I have reported this issue internally. I will post updates here. 

Best Regards!

Dale

Hi @PaulChristopher,

This issue will be fixed in the next release (November 2017). Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards!

Dale

Hi @PaulChristopher,

Could you please upgrade your Desktop to the latest November version and check if the issue will be gone? I will appreciate it if you can feedback here.

Best Regards!

Dale

This bug is back for me since the October 2023 version. Currently running version 2.122.1066.0 64-bit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue still exists in PBI Desktop 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019)

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue still exists in PBI Desktop 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August 2019)

Confirmed. I'm experiencing the same multiple (3) sign-in requirement in Desktop version: 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August 2019)

Same here as well

We are getting the same. Three (3) sign-in requirement in Desktop  Version: 2.71.5523.821 64-bit (July 2019)

when connection to Analysis Services.

HI Dale,

I have updated to the latest Desktop version and the error has been resolved.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.