cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icebobby Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Multiple set of data in a single table (help pls)

Hi All,

I have a situation where I have more than 3 data sets in a sigle table with multiple countries / entites options. Appreciate if you could advise how to move this forward.

sample table.PNG

Challenge: I want to show the activity available for each country entity (i.e. CN10, PK11 etc). However, due to the Yes/No data value set. It is currently not able to put into any visual chart. 

Please advise if I need to pivot this before uploading into powerbi, or do i need to reshape all basic data? 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Multiple set of data in a single table (help pls)

I would unpivot your country columns and probably replace "Yes" with 1 and "No" with 0, although you could still leave them as text and use counts, etc.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @icebobby ,

What's the result you'd like to have? Mostly you will put the amount of "Yes" or "No" in a visual. You can count the values. It seems unpivoting the table is necessary.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @icebobby ,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.