Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BLM
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple relations

hi guys!! I have many tables with following relations:

relaciones.jpg

relaciones1.jpg

I am doing this table:

table.jpg

I'm not  able to obtain the correct result, I don't understand how to work with the inactive and active relationship.

help me, please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks so much, If it Work i ‘ll tell you

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cthurston
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but I guess we can start with what IS the intended result?  Are their not supposed to be blank values?  Are the rows and columns correct?  Are you looking for a calculation? 

I would like obtain a matrix like photo.
Rows: Productos[prodcode]
Columns: calendar[fecha]
Values: sum off ‘cantidad from detcargas and ‘cantidad from ops.
The relations are in the image attached

I want obtain a matrix with dates from several tables.
"detcargas" contain the quantity of product that has been load in a determinate date.
"ops" contain the quantity of product that has been produced in a determinate date.
"Product" it's the table that contain all products of a factory, and "Calendar" is a calendar 🙂
The relations are:

productos[prodcodigo] with ops[op_producto_codigo]

productos[prodcodigo] with detcargas[dcarproducto]

calendar[fecha] with detcargas[dcarfecha_cam]

calendar[fecha] with ops[op_fecha_planificada]

my goal it's obtain a matrix that show the evolution the stock per day, for it, i need a matrix which rows will be all products from "table products", the columns will be a date range from "calendar table" and the values will be an acumulate sum from quantityes of products produced (ops) minus quantityes of product loaded (detcarga)

thank

Okay this is how I would solve this.  I would remove the inactive relationships and only relate tables in one direction.
Ex: 1 ->* and not bi directional.  This will speed up the performance of your report. 
Second I'd create a distinct Product Code Table (=Distinct('productos'[prodcodigo])) to relate to productos, ops, and decargas. 
Use the Products field in the product code table as the rows in your matrix.  That shoudl solve your circular dependancies.

Then use a measure as your value to something like SUM(detcargas[dcarproducto])-SUM(ops[op_producto_codigo]).

If that dosen't work i may need your pbix to try and solve it.

Thanks so much, If it Work i ‘ll tell you

it's work OK

thank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.