Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JONEDEN
Regular Visitor

Multiple pages vs Multiple Reports

I have about 6 categories of reports that I am working on. Trying to decided if I should do it all in one Project file, with multiple pages. Or create 6 seperate report projects.

The all users can see all 6 categories, so there are no permissions concerns. Has anyone noticed performance issues with multiple pages?

What would be best practices?

Thank you,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sgsukumaran
Resolver II
Resolver II

The multiple pages shouldnot have an impact on the performance as long it is direct query. each page loads only when it is opened. Limit you visuals an create a landing page and bookmarks to ease the process.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sgsukumaran
Resolver II
Resolver II

The multiple pages shouldnot have an impact on the performance as long it is direct query. each page loads only when it is opened. Limit you visuals an create a landing page and bookmarks to ease the process.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

I used many pages and not notcied performance issue. Only advantage I see with multiple pages, you can report level fitler across all pages, drill down feature, one data modelling (if you have to change something in model, you have to do across all reports which can be serve using powerbi service), and may be in future when there is global slicer option is available, it will help.

Also with new bookmark you can switch to different bookmarks from various pages with click of button (image)

This is my experience but I'm sure others will chime in share their experience.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you. That is good info, and a good way to look at it. Have you ran into a hard limit on number of pages? Does the user experince get worse after 'x' number of pages?

Well as far as I remember I went upto 10-12 pages and not sure anybody complained about any performance thing.

I think most of it depends on data source/size etc. 

I personally didn't received any feedback on performance.\

About hard limit, i'm not aware of it, and I think there was a post on it few months ago, may be if you search and you will find something which was discussed in the past.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.