Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple measures on independent x axis with shared y axis

I can't find a way to show my three measures in a bar chart. I want the y axis to be shared using one dimension and 3 independent x axes for each of the three measures. In this way I don't have to duplicate (and use up space) to show the same y axis over and over. It should allow for independent sorting on each measure. This is extremely easy to do in Tableau and I'm struggling trying to figure out how to do it in Power BI. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to solve for this by using a Matrix table and showing the data bars.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I Have one requirement in which I need to show one measure with less than 0 value and one measure with greater than 0 value in the same Y-axis.

The values should be shown as left side negative and right side positive values of the Y-axis in bar chart.

Can anyone help me with this ?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Put your X-axis column into X-axis field, put three measures into Value field.

Capture.PNG 

If still can't meet your requirement, please provide more details or sample data.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that but it stacks them. I want them to be on an independent axis. I would add an image but this form doesn't allow me to.

@Anonymous,

I'm afraid the built-in visuals may not meet your requirement, I would suggest you to try custom 3D visual SandDance and check if it can meet your requirement.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to solve for this by using a Matrix table and showing the data bars.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.