Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lathomps1986
Frequent Visitor

Multiple logins to same server and database

I am connecting to a 3rd party SQL database. They have two different logins for different tables, but they are apparently on the same server and database. 

BI is only letting me put in one set of credentials, so when I try to query the other tables, it is saying it is invalid. Is there any way to put in two sets of credentials to the same Database?

4 REPLIES 4
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lathomps1986 

What connector do you use to connect to the data source?

If you use this, you can try to clear permission in data source settings and re-connect the data source by alternate credentials.

vjaneygmsft_1-1643697265672.png

vjaneygmsft_0-1643696695465.png

If you use others, Please tell me about your situation.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

I connect using database credentials. The problem is the server and database names are the same, but there are different logins and passwords to get to different parts of the database/tables. I can connect to both seperately but am looking for a way to not have to be constantly changing the permissions, and really i need to be able to be in both sets of tables at the same time.

Hi, @lathomps1986 

Have you tried adding two data sources with different credentials in the service's gateway? This maybe helps.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lathomps1986 , Try to add database name in URL, so there is a difference in that. Assuming database name is different even if URL is same

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.