Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pardeepd84
Helper III
Helper III

Multiple if statements

Hi,

I am trying to create a formula which will show if employees are attending a visit at the times agreed with the customer and if they arrive within 30 minutes of the scheduled/planned time.   

pardeepd84_0-1618432544810.png

How would this be done with multiple if statements.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I can't use the test data that you have put in as pictures, but I think this should solve what you're missing

Result = 
IF ( ISBLANK( [Actual Start Time] ), BLANK(),
  IF ( ABS ( [Actual Start Time] - [Planned Start Time] ) <= (30/60)/24, "OK", "NOT" ) ) )

Basically wrapping Absolute Value (ABS) around the time difference so it will only be OK for

-30 < Diff < 30

There might also be issues with how your Actual and Planned start times are stored (datatype). If it is a Datetime datatype formatted to look like a time, that may act differently than a Time datatype. You can always create a column for [Actual Start Time] - [Planned Start Time] just to see how PBI is calculating that value.

Hope this helps

David

View solution in original post

Hi David,

This worked, thank you for all your support. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pardeepd84 ,

I think I probably understand what you mean. We can use datediff dax to calculate the time interval between [Actual Start Time] and [Planned Start Time], then judge whether the time interval is less than 30 .If is, return OK, if no, return NOT.

Calculated column:

time diff = DATEDIFF(schedual[Actual Start Time],schedual[Planned Start Time],MINUTE)

if result = IF(schedual[Actual Start Time]=BLANK(),BLANK(),IF(schedual[time diff]<30,"OK","NOT"))

You can also use SWITCH DAX , It is the same result as if dax ,and does not need to be nested .

Switch result = SWITCH(TRUE(),schedual[Actual Start Time]=BLANK(),BLANK(),schedual[time diff]<30,"OK","NOT")

The effect is as shown:

Ailsa-msft_0-1618566814048.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pardeepd84  - 

I *think* I understand what you're trying to do here, but if this is not it, please state your conditions in a paragraph or bullets rather than an Excel formula (and provide copyable test data).

Result = 
  IF ( [Actual Start Time] - [Planned Start Time] <= (30/60)/24, "OK", "NOT" ) ) )

(NOTE that is Actual - Planned < 0 it's also going to be less than 30 minutes, so reason to test both)

Hope this helps

David

Hi @dedelman_clng 

I have tried your suggest but don't get the same results.  Please see further explanation below of my query:

• If actual start time is blank do not enter anything in column. 

However 

• If actual start time is within 30 minutes of the planned start time enter "Ok"
  • If actual start time is not within 30 minutes of the planned start time enter "Not"

See sample data below

pardeepd84_0-1618507304742.png

I have tried the calculation as suggested but it doesn't give the desired results.  Please could I have some help with this, thank you. 

pardeepd84_1-1618507327648.png

I can't use the test data that you have put in as pictures, but I think this should solve what you're missing

Result = 
  IF ( ABS ( [Actual Start Time] - [Planned Start Time] ) <= (30/60)/24, "OK", "NOT" ) ) )

Basically wrapping Absolute Value (ABS) around the time difference so it will only be OK for

-30 < Diff < 30

There might also be issues with how your Actual and Planned start times are stored (datatype). If it is a Datetime datatype formatted to look like a time, that may act differently than a Time datatype. You can always create a column for [Actual Start Time] - [Planned Start Time] just to see how PBI is calculating that value.

Hope this helps

David

Hi David,

This worked, thank you for all your support. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.