Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aaron
Regular Visitor

Multiple highlights across different visualisations

Hi

I am trying to replicate a functiion I had in tableau where I could select one item on different visualisations to drill in to the data.

eg selecting a Contact Reason filters the URL list and clicking on the URL list filtered the view to only those on both the Reason code and the URL.  

When i chose the Contact reason this works and when I CTRL click on the URL it just refilters on the URL.

Any thoughts

Aaron 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Aaron,

Please create a relationship between the visual by clicking Edit interactions under format on home page. Please select the button highlighted in red line, then it will be effected by other visual.

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Angelia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aaron,

Please select the URL column-> Data categories->Web URL. You can click it, it will jump to corresponding source.

2.PNG

Create a table visual to verify the result. Please see the screenshot below.

2.PNG
If this is not want you want, please share more details or sample data table for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks for the quick response.  

The below may better explain what I am trying to do.  What I want to do is highlight the reason code on the bubble chart and then the url on the bar chart and then see the other charts on the page just show the data that is both for reason code 12 and URL 17.

PowerBICapture.PNG

Hope this makes sense

Aaron

Hi @Aaron,

Please create a relationship between the visual by clicking Edit interactions under format on home page. Please select the button highlighted in red line, then it will be effected by other visual.

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Angelia

Thanks for the response. I have tried this and do get the first chart to highlight but then cannot select an item on that chart to filter the rest of the visualisations as it resets the other view.

Guess thsi may just not be possible.

Aaron

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone in the future, what OP is describing IS possible with a ctrl+click. Unfortunately this feature is not obvious.

Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-multi-select

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.