Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TrentS
Advocate II
Advocate II

Multiple fields in text box for Drill Through Page

Good day to all,

Seeking help with a creative solution here. Web searches and specific searches here are not giving useful results.

We have a drill through page (from a table visual) with product specifications. (Meaning there are a lot of SELECTEDVALUE functions in the measures.)
The team has asked that I create a single text box visual that contains multiple "Notes" fields (preferably separated by a Header/Title) that will scroll vertically when there are sufficient notes to extend outside the borders of the text box.
While I have taken the interim route of creating bookmarks (10 of them!) with action buttons to display each field separately in the same location, this is not ideal.

Is there a way to combine multiple text fields into a single text box? Is there a way to separate/name the sections?
What am I missing?

Please note that I am trying to avoid the horizontal scrolling of a typical table visual here.

Thanks very much for your time and creativity!
Trent

3 REPLIES 3
TrentS
Advocate II
Advocate II

Update: Since it is not a massive dataset in terms of rows, I decided to duplicate the table, reduce it down to the necessary columns, then unpivot the Notes fields.
This allowed me to use a standard table to populate the fields with just two columns (eliminating the side scroll thanks to text wrapping) and when many fields are populated or have lengthy values, it is a vertical scroll.
Adds a bit of overall size but I think balances out with the 10 action buttons and 10 text boxes being replaced by a single table.
Have a great day!

Trent

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@TrentS , You can enable Q&A, and then you should be able to use measure inside a text box, if that can help

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors