cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AGo Member

Multiple datasources appending from a list of sources in Power Query 'M'

Hi everybody,

I've got a single column table with a list of sources.

A list of mailbox addresses for an Exchange.Contents(Parameter) source to be clearer.

I need to add a column with the Parameter text for each table extracted and then automatically append each of them.

I need that the append query to be refreshed automatically if I add an address in the mailboxes list.

Is this possible with an mQuery?

So I can have a table with all the emails appended in row charachterized with the proper mailbox name (add column), and without querying and appending manually for each mailbox address.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Multiple datasources appending from a list of sources in Power Query 'M'

No need to append anything. Just add a column to your existing table where you call the function like this: 

image.png

So you reference the column with the adresses as your parameter. That will return one table in each row. If you expand that newly created column, all your results will be returned within one consolidated table that also still has the column with the mailbox adress for you to distinguish between the different mailboxes.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Invoking @ImkeF... I would think that perhaps a custom function could do the trick for this.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Super User
Super User

No need to append anything. Just add a column to your existing table where you call the function like this: 

image.png

So you reference the column with the adresses as your parameter. That will return one table in each row. If you expand that newly created column, all your results will be returned within one consolidated table that also still has the column with the mailbox adress for you to distinguish between the different mailboxes.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

AGo Member

Thank you @ImkeF !! This works great!

I only hope that the time filter I'd like to activate on the time column will work, because it's a very large amount of data, and if it import all the rows and then filters it I thinks it's going to be out of memory and crash.

Helpful resources

Announcements
GregDeckler

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, explains

Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 956 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: