Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbrierley
Helper III
Helper III

Multiple columns of data in a card visual?

Below is a screenshot from a Tableau report (with names redacted). Is it possible to re-create this type of visual in PowerBI? What I'd like to see is a list of names in multiple columns. At the moment, when I use a card, I only get 1 column of data. Thanks Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mbrierley 

I found a custom visual Chiclet Slicer which is able to display the items more compactly to save the space. You could get it from Visualizations > ... > Get more visuals.

120301.jpg

And it is able to set how many columns and rows to be shown in the visual.

120302.jpg

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mbrierley
Helper III
Helper III

@amitchandak Maybe this is clearer....below I have a multi row card with a list of teams. I've circled the scroll bar on the right hand side. But I don't want this. I want all the data to appear in the box. The idea is that people looking at this won't have to scroll down to see all the teams. Is there a way to show the data to the right of the current list? To 'wrap' it?

Capture.PNG

Hi @mbrierley 

I found a custom visual Chiclet Slicer which is able to display the items more compactly to save the space. You could get it from Visualizations > ... > Get more visuals.

120301.jpg

And it is able to set how many columns and rows to be shown in the visual.

120302.jpg

Regards,

Jing

Thank you @v-jingzhang this is exactly what I was after 😊😊😊

Hi @mbrierley 

Currently it is not supported to ‘wrap’ a column of data into multiple columns in a multi-row card visual.

Alternatively, you could use a slicer and change its orientation into Horizontal. It is able to be dragged into different sizes and show different numbers of columns and rows of the data. 

120202.jpg

Kindly let me know if this helps.
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mbrierley ,Output is not clear

You have multi card visual.

Or you can try the approach in this video -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSnB5y2JXv8

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.