Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DieLem
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple changes to single PBIX file

Hi,

I have a master file where I do company wide reporting. There is a filter "Department" that limits each department to only their financials.

I save the PBIX file as three different instances and change the "Report level filter" to 100/200/300 respectively.

All three are uploaded as a report to their seperate workspaces (Dept100, Dept200, Dept300). Access control is managed by each employee having access to their online workspace only. 

The problem is I have to make the changes to the master file three times for each change. This solution is not scalable as more departments are added.

The problem: How can I maintain one file and roll it out with filters change multiple times. A script solution or an online workaround is acceptable

PowerBI Online.PNGThanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DieLem ,

If you want to show the different content for the special users, maybe you could try to use the option of  row-level security

If you have to store them as three reports, there is not a good idea to implement it. For Power BI, they are separate.

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DieLem ,

If you want to show the different content for the special users, maybe you could try to use the option of  row-level security

If you have to store them as three reports, there is not a good idea to implement it. For Power BI, they are separate.

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DieLem
Helper II
Helper II

@v-shex-msft 
@v-piga-msft 
@v-yuta-msft 
@v-lili6-msft 
@v-juanli-msft 

Can you please advise or point me to a document explaining scalability?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.