Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Values Line Chart

Hi All,

I have unit price and volume information for a client and its competitors in addition to date in the format "dd/mm/yyyy". I have made a line combo chart to display total volume on x-axis and different lines for client price and competitor with drill-down by year, quarter, month, week and day along with year and month filter. 

The problem I am facing is in creating multiple lines so for example,  If the client has got one competitor and looking at data for a particular month then there will be two lines displaying the average unit price across days of that month, but when I select multiple months then it simply aggregates the values and show me two lines only which is the intended behaviour. However, I am looking at making separate lines for each month so if I select Jan & Feb, then the chart should show me 4 lines, 2 for client's unit prices and 2 for competitor's unit prices.

Any idea on how can I acheive that?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can achieve this by creating seperate measure for each line your want to show and then use those all four measures on value.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The question is how do I create a new measure for each of the months? via DAX or is there a functionality in Power BI which can get the job done. Thank you for responding.

@Anonymous you don't need to create measure for each month and for each "line" and month filter context will applied once that measure is used in the graph. If you can share some sample data I can get you across the line.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.