Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

seangovind
Regular Visitor

Multiple Table Relationships

Hi all,

Happy Friday! I'm having a bit of difficluty with a bar graph visual I'm working on. I'm relatively new to Power BI and I believe my issue is stemming from my table relationships. What I am trying to do is take the total count of each error and show it onto a bar graph split by each error description (please see the first screenshot for the erros). The issue I'm having is that the bar graph is totaling the count onto one description, in this case 'date', instead of splitting it up to 4 for 'date' and 1 for 'Slins'. The measure I have on the bar graph is totaling on the count for 'Errors 1', 'Errors 2', and 'Errors 3'.  The 3rd screenshot is the relationships I currently have. Because the errors are separated into 3 columns, I had to figure out a way to have each related somehow so I made 3 separate tables and had those connected to a master table with each description in it. If you need me to provide any other additonal information please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

image.png    image.png

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seangovind,

I'd like to suggest you unpivot your error fields to convert them to attribute and value, then you can create a simple relationship mapping tables and do calculations across multiple error fields.

Unpivot columns (Power Query) 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seangovind,

I'd like to suggest you unpivot your error fields to convert them to attribute and value, then you can create a simple relationship mapping tables and do calculations across multiple error fields.

Unpivot columns (Power Query) 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft Thank you so much that worked perfectly!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@seangovind it is surely the modelling issue, I would recommend to create sample pbix file non-sensitive data and share it. Also, make sure to share any data file you use in the report, it will help to model it correctly and solve your problem.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Good afternoon,

I actually am not too sure how to share the files on here, but I see a link to your email, so I will shoot you an email containing them.

Thank you so much!

Sean Govind

@seangovind you can share using one drive/google drive.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I uploaded the files to Google Drive and the link is below. Please let me know if you have any trouble opening the link. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1owKP8snAk3KPnWmXxfp4tKo-_Gxl3jyE?usp=sharing 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.