Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Slicers to Choose All values under that level?

Hi Gurus,

Wondering if it was possible to do multiple level slicers on a report.  My org has 9 levels and people are driving me crazy with the different requests at different levels of the hierarchy. 

So was pondering if it was possible to do something like this:  

1. Slicer to choose what level of hierarchy you want to see i.e. highest level, which is 9

2. Slicer to display all lowest n level elements on a report, i.e. user can pick levels 1 to 8 (customizes based on first slicer to N-1)

Example visually such as a Revenue Report:

Slicer 1: Level 9 selection for top level

Slicer 2: Selection of Level 1-8.  If user picks level 1 Report would be:

Level1 Element1 and Revenue

Level1 Element2 and Revenue

Level1 Element3 and Revenue

Level1 Element and Revenue 

Lastly, ability to Sum all items above Total Revenue and do a count (I assume this is already possible just putting a total)

This would really help as this would eliminate users from drilling down into all the Level 2 elements to expand to see lowest level.  Any other insights to help resolve this issue would be super helpful. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
AiolosZhao
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous ,

Slicer and Matrix can both do the drill-down function. I'm not sure if that's what you want.

If not, it's better to show your example with screenshots, that will be better for us to know what you want.

Multiple Slicers to Choose All values under that level 2.PNGMultiple Slicers to Choose All values under that level.PNG

Thanks.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.