Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ack2mani
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Slicers on same query

Hi All,

I am new in Power BI and stcuked in a situation where I have two slicers 1. Head Office 2. Branch Office in a report page. I have one query that contains full adress of both Head Office and Branch Office in  same column.My problem is when I select a Head Office it shows address correctly but when I select a Branch office my card still shows Head Office address since previous selection is active.

My ask is based on the selection in slicers 1, 2 my card should show corresponding address.Both slicers are two different data sets and joined with my query on OfficeID column

Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @ack2mani,

Can you pleasse share some sample data and expected result.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi MFelix

below is the sample

Slicer 1(Regional Head Office  Id)
Slicer 2 (Branch Offices id)

Office Address
IDAddress
1380 Summit Ave 
22925 Chicago Ave 
1231445 Ross Ave Suite 1400
5671345 Philomena St 
3458110 Gatehouse Rd 

the slicer data sets are joined with Office address query with ID's. So my requirement is When I select 1 from slicer 1 then address should be "380 Summit Ave " and when I select 123 from slicer 2 while slicer 1 value is still selected  the adress should be "1445 Ross Ave Suite 1400"

Hi @ack2mani,

Please clarify something

Is your data like 1 Head Office will have some Branch Offices under them?

- If so the structure in which your table is might not be the best way to have the data to make it work the way you want.

or Is there something else your head office and branch office are related? or are they completelt not related to one another?

Regards,

Thejeswar

Hi @Thejeswar

My table consists of address of both Head Office and Branch office addresses as seperate entries. So my Concern is while slicer 1 is selected and active my slicer 2 becomes idle because table is alredy filtered based on slicer 1 value. Please suggest any better approach to acheive my goal.

@ack2mani,

Ya I get that your table has both Head Office and Branch Office Address as separate entities.

If the Table and Slicers are going to be from the same Dataset the Slicer 2 will become blank when ever you make a selection to Slicer 1 as your entire dataset will get filtered.

If showing data in the slicer 2 even when something is selected in slicer is your need, that's not a big deal. But even after soing this you will have to manually deselect the Slicer 1

Instead have you Head Office ID and Branch office ID in 2 different columns and Addresses can continue to be present in the same column.

Have your head office ID Column in 1 slicer and Branch Office ID in another Slicer and edit interaction such that they don't filter each other. Edit Interaction is availabe in the format section of the slicer

In this case, For all the Branch Office IDs the Head Office ID will be Blank. So when ever you want to filter on Branch Office ID, select Blank in Slicer 1 which is Head Office ID and select the Sllicer 2.

This way it will work fine.

Regards,

Thejeswar

Hi @Thejeswar

Thanks! for the quick response.

But my requirement is to show branch office address in the card even if Slicer 1 value is selected. So If slicer 2 is selected while slicer 1 is still active my branch office address should overright headoffice address in the card.

Hi @ack2mani,

Just to understand when you have one selection on slicer 2 it should show that slicer address if you don't have any slicer it should show slicer 1 adress right?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @MFelix I am using Card to display office addresses and above is the sample and expected output

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.