Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Slicers for Multiple Tables

I have multiple slicers, have have visuals from 2 different tables.

And both tables have the columns that the slicers represent

Slicers.JPG

What can i do so all slicers work for all charts?

thank you so much

8 REPLIES 8
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

It seems you may create filter tables like Table = DISTINCT(Table1[Column2]) and Table 2. Then link them with other 2 tables as below to filter Table1 and Table2. Then use Table and Table 2 as slicers.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-cherch-msft, Happy New Year

thank you for the reply .

You say i should made a table for each column, each slicer use?

Hi @Anonymous

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. 

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cherch-msftI was on vacations for the holidays, couldnt test.

Im doing it today. I will tell if it works 🙂

nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So if I got that right, you have two different queries populated from two different tables and the slicers that you have are sourced from both these tables? And you want your slicer selection to impact all the visuals irrespective of which table they are from?

If the above is true, you need to have a relationship set between both your tables first, once you have that set the slicers will slice the data for all visuals from Table 1 and Table 2. Also, you can set the interaction of the slicers with the visuals by selecting the slicer and then going to the Format option on the top window pane and clicking on Edit Interactions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @nirvana_moksh

The slicer are made from table 1.

but the table 2, have the same columns shown in the slicers.

they have a relationship between these 2 tables already:

relations.JPG

but the slicer "tecnologia" are working, because its from the ative relation.

The other slices dont work at all. 😞

Hmm and you do have the bi-directional relationship on as well, the other 'not working' slicers, can you click on that and see what is the interaction with the other visuals? As a test, you can also duplicate the page and populate the not working slicer with the column from Table 2 and see what the behavior is to troubleshoot this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @nirvana_moksh, the intereactions of the other slicers are this:

interaction.JPG

I tried what you said, and they dont work. I have to make slicers from table2 to make them work. But then they dont work with table1

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.