cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themistoklis New Contributor
New Contributor

Multiple Line Graph with one Dimension on each Axis and 4 Measures

Hello All,

I have created a line graph which has the year month on X Axis and 4 measures displayed on Y Axis. See following Image:

image.png

I would like to take the analysis one step further and add another dimension (Person) to this graph.

So essentially what i would like to achieve is select two or three persons from a filter and then the graph will show instead of 4 lines, 8 lines for the 2 persons (4 services for each one of them) and 12 lines for the 3 persons. This will help me compare the performance between the persons im looking at.

I tried to do that on PowerBi but with no luck. Is this functionality available on the software?

Attached on this link is a spreadsheet where on the first sheet i show the lines for one person and on the second sheet i have a sample dataset for 3 persons. Based on the data from the second sheet i would like to create the relevant line graph where i will show 12 lines.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Multiple Line Graph with one Dimension on each Axis and 4 Measures

Hi themistoklis,

To achieve your requirement, click query editor-> transform->click on [service1], [service2], [service3] and [service4]->  unpivot columns.

1.PNG 

Then click add columns-> custom column to merge column [person] and [attribute] like below;

2.PNG  

Then applied and close, create a line chart and a slicer on person column.

3.PNG4.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi themistoklis,

To achieve your requirement, click query editor-> transform->click on [service1], [service2], [service3] and [service4]->  unpivot columns.

1.PNG 

Then click add columns-> custom column to merge column [person] and [attribute] like below;

2.PNG  

Then applied and close, create a line chart and a slicer on person column.

3.PNG4.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

themistoklis New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello @v-yuta-msft

This indeed works great on the data and when the 4 services belong to an existing table

In my case these 4 services are calculated measures (4 fields) in PowerBi and they dont actually belong to an existing table.

Is there a way if these are calculated measures to display them on the graph, or they all need to be on an existing table?