Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Multiple Line Graph with one Dimension on each Axis and 4 Measures

Hello All,

I have created a line graph which has the year month on X Axis and 4 measures displayed on Y Axis. See following Image:

image.png

I would like to take the analysis one step further and add another dimension (Person) to this graph.

So essentially what i would like to achieve is select two or three persons from a filter and then the graph will show instead of 4 lines, 8 lines for the 2 persons (4 services for each one of them) and 12 lines for the 3 persons. This will help me compare the performance between the persons im looking at.

I tried to do that on PowerBi but with no luck. Is this functionality available on the software?

Attached on this link is a spreadsheet where on the first sheet i show the lines for one person and on the second sheet i have a sample dataset for 3 persons. Based on the data from the second sheet i would like to create the relevant line graph where i will show 12 lines.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi themistoklis,

To achieve your requirement, click query editor-> transform->click on [service1], [service2], [service3] and [service4]->  unpivot columns.

1.PNG 

Then click add columns-> custom column to merge column [person] and [attribute] like below;

2.PNG  

Then applied and close, create a line chart and a slicer on person column.

3.PNG4.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi themistoklis,

To achieve your requirement, click query editor-> transform->click on [service1], [service2], [service3] and [service4]->  unpivot columns.

1.PNG 

Then click add columns-> custom column to merge column [person] and [attribute] like below;

2.PNG  

Then applied and close, create a line chart and a slicer on person column.

3.PNG4.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hello @v-yuta-msft

This indeed works great on the data and when the 4 services belong to an existing table

In my case these 4 services are calculated measures (4 fields) in PowerBi and they dont actually belong to an existing table.

Is there a way if these are calculated measures to display them on the graph, or they all need to be on an existing table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.