Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Issues on Feasibilty of Power BI

Hi , 

I am facing multiple issues where I want to confirm if we can acheive the same with Power BI or not.

1. I have a dropdown to select WTD,QTD etc as well as Manual, When user selects manual ,Date slicer has to activate and he can able to select random dates instead of WTD.QTD. How can we make a slicer activate / deactivate based on another slicer selection value say "Manual".

2.For RLS, I have multiple Pages where i cannot hide pages , and based on roles ,  I need to show pages only the particular roles he is assigned to. For Example : I have Sales, KPI ,Store pages in my desktop where for Role 1 , can see all pages , Role 2 can see only KPI and store etc, But I cannot hide all three pages in my report as i am applying RLS on same PBIX. Any way to handle this?

3.For RLS, I am using Slicer and on top i am placing buttons to navigate to pages , but for certain roles in my slicer, values will be less , in that case since i am using slicer in horizontal orientation , the placing of buttons is misplaced due to some of slicer values has to hide based on RLS. Any way to hide buttons and Slicer Values based on RLS.  If not, what can be the alternative way to achieve this along with RLS.

Thank you very much in advance foer any suggestions i am going to get.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Go back to your report users and ask them what they want to get out of the data you are presenting to them. Based on their feedback design a solution (Power BI based or not) that helps them make their business decisions.

Don't make their life harder by implementing meaningless and distracting features like "page level security".

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.