Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

daniellemarques
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Filters

Hello,

I have a report and I want a fixed filter for every data of this report to show me the data of today's date. But I also want to add filters in this same report and change it to other dates. Is this possible or I have to create another report to do it?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
daniellemarques
Frequent Visitor

Actually,
I want to my dash when has no filters, give me the today's month date results, and when I filter on calendar it changes to the date I choose , or even sum 2 months results. Can you help me?

Hi @daniellemarques 

You can refer to this blog: Power BI Tutorial: Dynamically update Date slicer to show Current Date – business intelligist

Currently Power BI will keep the selected value in a slicer. It means when you log out of Power BI and come back to a report, the same items will be selected as when you left. It cannot be updated automatically. So in above blog, it selects a fixed Most Recent Date value in the slicer. Every time the data is refreshed, the Most Recent Date value will be updated.

In your scenario, you can add a calculated column like SlicerDate = IF ( 'Table'[Date] = TODAY(), "Today", 'Table'[Date] & "" ) and use this column in the date slicer. When you refresh the data, the calculated column will be updated.

Kindly let me know if this helps.
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@daniellemarques , You can create a flag like this in date table

Is Today = if('Date'[Date]=TODAY(),"Today",[Date]&"")

Sort this one date and use it as slicer and default of Today. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1zu4MBb-c

Also, you can control the interaction to have different filters

refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfRKzhMaR4

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.