Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Filters Within A Single Column

Scenario - Using PBI Desktop, I need to create a measure that counts specific values within a single column in a single table. The values are all text but there are a couple dozen different ones depending on the type of solution provided to customer's in a call center environment.  There will ultimately be 5 of these measures depicting five different categories of resolution. For example, the column values Customer Satisfaction, Parts Shipped, Onsite Resolution and Resolved-Onsite from the Case_Resolution column will be used to create the category (or measure) of Single Session Resolution(Phone). 

From various reading I've done, it seems using the double pipe as a multiple filter is the way to go instead of an OR statement. Seems like this should be fairly straightforward but the precise syntax to do this eludes me as I'm not a DAX/PBI guru. Not sure if I can just use the COUNT function or if I need to throw a CALCULATE in there as well.  I've tried numerous ways to get this done but get various syntax or "too many parameters passed to the FILTER function" errors. Ultimately, th 5 measures will be used to create a multiple line chart showing changes in the percentage of these categories over time.

image.png

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I would create a separate table with the values and their respective solutions and then use a lookupvalue formula in dax to lookup the resolution for each situation instead of trying to use complex filter/calculate formulas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.