Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ShawnPrice
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple Filtering for a Matrix Table

I have a filtering question that I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. See the image below. The visual called Total to be Called is unfiltered, the Total Calls by date Called is filtered on the current week. What I'm being asked it to make the 72 show up as 118 even though the matrix table is being filtered by the date. They want to see the over all total to be called and not be filtered out like it is now. Is is possible to turn off the filtereing for one value but keep the rest of the values in a matrix. So what October should show is 118/72/61%, and when the week changes to next week it will still be 118/then how many they work on/then the percent of what they worked on of the 118.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ShawnPrice,

Please try the following formula.

count Contract Id = CALCULATE(COUNT('Upcoming Expirations 2017 E'[Contract Id]),ALLSELECTED('Upcoming Expirations 2017 E'[week]))

If this still doesn't resolve your issue, please share your .pbix file for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ShawnPrice,

In your Matrix visual, you want the "Count of Contract Id" column always show 118, the "Date Called Contracts" display the values chang as the date slicer, right? If my understanding is right, you can create a measure using the similar formula.

count Contract Id=CALCULATE(COUNT(Table[ContractId]),ALL(Table))

Select the measure to replace the "Count of Contract Id" in column level.

If my understanding is not right, please share more detailsfor further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Angelia thanks for your reply. I tried this based on your response.

count Contract Id = CALCULATE(COUNT('Upcoming Expirations 2017 E'[Contract Id]),ALL('Upcoming Expirations 2017 E'))

and what comes up is 5668 instead of the 118 that the person should have in sharepoint for the current week filter.

Hi @ShawnPrice,

Please try the following formula.

count Contract Id = CALCULATE(COUNT('Upcoming Expirations 2017 E'[Contract Id]),ALLSELECTED('Upcoming Expirations 2017 E'[week]))

If this still doesn't resolve your issue, please share your .pbix file for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I don't have a feild called week, should I try to create one? I'm just using the Date Called field and using the slicer on that to get the This week, dates.

Hi @ShawnPrice,

You can create one week, add it as slicer and check if it works? Do you mind share your .pbix file for further analysis? So that we can post solution which is close to what you want.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.