Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soldstatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

Multiple Data Sets with Left Side Modelling

There was a demo at the MS Business Applications Summit around May 2, 2020 that showcased PowerBI. One of the new features was that left side modelling was enabled and it was possible to connect to multiple data sets from the PBI service. I keep trying to make sure I have the most recent version of PBI and am not able to make this happen, do the datasets need to be certified or is there anything else I need to do to make this work? This feature is going to be huge.

4 REPLIES 4
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @soldstatic

Based on my test,the feature is currently supported for live connection mode,this feature is not fully open yet.

Annotation 2020-05-27 104151.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@v-kelly-msft Any chance we can get an update on this roll out? We are building lots and lots of things in PBI and I would LOVE to get some of our SMEs to build some nice models that folks can consume more effectively.

Sorry to bother you again but we still can't get this to show up

@v-kelly-msft : Kelly could you do me a giant favor and tell me what version of PBI you're running? I don't see that option in preview features on my installation. Mine is:

Version: 2.81.5831.761 64-bit (May 2020)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.