Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prettyboyboga
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Bridge Table Error

Why cant I show data in a table visual using multiple tables connected to a bridge table? 

So what I would like to happen is show columns in a table visual coming from different columns/tables connected to a bridge table. How is that doable? 

Table connection: All mapped from Bridge Table using ID with One to Many Relationship on the other 3 tables.

Bridge Table: HR___HR_HR

Bridge - Table Map.png

In the table visual I have selected two fields to show 1. ID - which is coming from HR___HR_HR and 2. APPLICATION_NAME coming from ARC Application_Access which is all good (see pic below): 

Table Visual 1.png

The problem comes when I add a thrid column coming from the other tables ex. HR___HR_AD and HR___HR_RACF. On the pic below, I try to add the "adid" column from HR___HR_AD but it is not showing an error in the table. How can I fix this making it show in the table with the other columns?

Table Visual 2.png

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

what you are aksing for is not doable without creating measures or adjusting your model.

If you want to combine columns from different tables in a table visual, these tables have to be

• adjaccent, meaning directly related or
  • indirectly connected by a "bridge" table where each table is one the one side and the "bridge" table is on the many side, but using the term "Bridge" table in this context is misleading

Maybe this blog post of mine gets you started:

https://www.minceddata.info/2018/03/16/to-treatsas-or-not-to/

Hopefully this gives you an idea

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Can you give me the measure or calculation in order to achieve this? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Hey,

please share a pbix file containing sample data, but all relevant tables and proper relationships. Upload the pbix file and share the link.

Please provide more details about the Business Problem that you want to tackle with your solution.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.