Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

patri0t82
Post Patron
Post Patron

Multiple Active Relationships, Help with USERELATIONSHIP

Hello,

I have two tables with three different columns that match, that I would like active relationships for:

'Gate Scans'[Corrected Date] - 'Daily Force Report'[Date]

'Gate Scans'[Company] - 'Daily Force Report'[Company]

'Gate Scans'[Day or Night] - 'Daily Force Report'[Days/Nights]

All I'm trying to do is have one date slider at the top that filters a table visual with lists from both separate tables. 

If I make the 'Corrected Date - Date' relationship active, it gets me the closest, but I'm still not able to interact with the companies together. Likewise I can't filter on Day or Night fields. 

I understand I'll need to create some sort of measure using USERELATIONSHIP, but I'm having a difficult time understanding the concept. I don't understand how the 'CALCULATE' function would fit in if I'm just trying to slice and dice.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@patri0t82 , Do you need userealtionship means alternate join or concatenated key

In case you need -concatenated key 

New column in 'Gate Scans'
key = [Corrected Date] & [Company] & [Day or Night]

new column in 'Daily Force Report'
key = [Date] & [Company] & [Days/Nights]

for userelationship

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@patri0t82 , Do you need userealtionship means alternate join or concatenated key

In case you need -concatenated key 

New column in 'Gate Scans'
key = [Corrected Date] & [Company] & [Day or Night]

new column in 'Daily Force Report'
key = [Date] & [Company] & [Days/Nights]

for userelationship

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in...

Thank you for this solution - I believe the 'key' idea is going to work fine. Is this something that is used pretty common?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.